Friday 26 October 2007

100 Rambles on Morally Bankrupt.

Welcome to our 100th post! It's taken us less than a year to manage this and I have to say that if it wasn't for me, there would be far less useless junk up here. Still, 100 posts is a landmark of sorts and we should make the effort to celebrate it properly. Without further ado, I give you the Morally Bankrupt posting pole!

Salem: 76 (including this post)
Kahn: 12
Frejak: 6
Crumples: 4
Kallisar: 1
Ashenphoenix: 1
Sara_Jayne: 0
Sierra Julliette: 0
Visure: 0

As you can see, I have no life at all when compared to everyone else. On the up side, we have a competition to keep us all entertained. You get 3 votes a piece for your favourite posts, use them wisely. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place vote gets 3 and a third place vote gets 1. Just post your votes in the comments section of this post. When voting closes, I'll tally up the scores and the winner will get the highly coveted "Morally Bankrupt Plaque". Now, I know that I have an unfair advantage in that I've posted 76% of the stuff up here but fear not, if I win the prize goes to the person in second place. Please try not to vote for yourself as that's just a little tacky in my opinion. If you want to vote for the same person more than once that's fine, just not for the same post more than once. Also, if you feel that you would like to award a post with something special in the form of an honourable mention (such as "Most Pointless" or "Best Stolen Article" for example) then email those to me and I'll post them up alongside the competition results. Below is a list of all the previous posts by author, from their earliest post to their most recent.

Ashenphoenix:
A Sydney Morning Herald Article Slashdotted? Yeah. Right.


Kallisar:
Nuclear Destruction

Crumples:
For the love of sugary treats.
My Pubes Can Bend Light
The Tale Of The Ibi - A Collaborative Effort
I Walked Into A Door...

Frejak:
Machiavellian thoughts
Telephonic wonders
Delight
Only one smoke left and a full jar of Arnica
Disturbed
Frejak's rant of the week

Kahn:
Wii Moment in History
A Few too Many
MMO Update
A New Low
Happy Birthday Mum
It Begins Again
Part 1
This Week in the News
Fatty Fat Fat!!!
So I Says to Mabell I Says...
Sweet Zombie Hanuman
Quandary

Salem:
Rules of Engagement
World news and it's sad reflections.
The wonders of nothing
Dear, sweet, ZOMBIE Jesus!
Where there's Smokers, there's fire.
Personal Satisfaction
Urolagnia
When does the hurting stop?
The Prestige
Dodging the rules.
I win!
Remember the suit!
Sealab 2021
Time to get dirty
Last day
Update time
Huzzah for coffee
Mr. Crack Spider
Love-day? What the hell?
Bugatti Veyron - Breaking the Rules
Nicotine & Caffeine
Mel hacked his own Gibson!
A Personal Struggle
Death to the Sony and the media!
Versatility Plus
Paradox
Time for me to be funny again!
No Fishing
What the hell?
Just for Kahn.
What the hell is this?
J.C. isn't here man.
:D vs. D:
Whose House?
Ron's House!
Ше каи наs anфтнея cфld шая?
Only I may dance!
Another day, another... Gimme the god-damned cash!
That dog won't hunt Monsegnior.
American logic strikes again.
Fark-tastic!
Magic Hands! (and they're not mine for a change)
My new favorite attack!
Always outnumbered, never outgunned!
One more for the road...
Photosynth and Seadragon
The Ministry of Truth
Need some help?
Just a quick reminder
Rock Concert Movement #237:
Ill Niño - What Comes Around
The Red Swingline Stapler
Dead & Alive?
I are be presenting a Award!
Zombie Plan v1.0
New Blood
Say my name bitch! SAY IT!
May I redirect your attention please?
Excuse me dear, have you seen my quantum sledgehammer?
Zombie Plan v1.1
Where is your billboard now?
Death by Misadventure
Part 1.5?
World Zombie News
Video Killed the Blogger Star?
Scientific Holiday Time Approaches.
Sharp-Shooter
Dear god, why?
International Talk Like A Pirate Day
I Be Postin' Like A Pirate! Yarr!
Black Bear Attacks, Rapes, Zookeeper
Behold! 'The Kahn' Cometh!
And We're Back!
Fatass McBlobbicus
What's a Pogram anyhow?
100 Rambles on Morally Bankrupt.

Holy crap that was a lot of effort... that's like, over 100 links right there people! For those of us that didn't post, don't worry too much about it, there's always the next 100 in which to leave your mark! Anyhow, I hope you have all enjoyed your time here, be it as an active participant or just a regular reader. With any luck, this thing will keep going for a long time and you never know, one day someone the authors don't know may even read some of it. Thanks for contributing guys. I'm looking forward to a few hundred more rambles here on Morally Bankrupt.

-Salem
I'm not looking forward to having to do that every 100 posts let me tell you!

4 comments:

Salem said...

Well for me this is perhaps a less lengthy process as I need only review 24% of our content before voting, but I still find it tough to pick my favourites. Ahh well, such is life. I hope all my friends here will be forgiving and understanding about my choices.

1st Place Vote:
Kahn: Fatty Fat Fat!!!
While the story itself is not something I liked, his delivery was perfect. I love his sense of irony and humour.

2nd Place Vote:
Crumples: My Pubes Can Bend Light
It makes me laugh a lot. This is probably because I'm part of the story and it's so disturbingly close to the way things happened.

3rd Place Vote:
Frejak: Machiavellian Thoughts
I'm not sure that anyone else here has posted anything quite like that. It made me think then and it still makes me think when I read it now.

Ok, I'm out of here before I change my mind. There are a lot of good posts in there. If I could go for a 4th, Kallisar would have it for his little rant but alas, that's not part of the game. I may be the one that makes the rules, but that doesn't mean I can break them. Sorry Kal :(

Kahn said...

Sweet gorilla of Manilla! I love the concept of what you have done here for the 100th post here at Morally Bankrupt, but I really didn't realise the effort this would take. I'd forgotten how hilarious some of the old posts were. Ok so after sorting through all of that here's my pick:

1st Place Vote:
Salem: Where There's Smoke There's Fire
This one was back in the early days where our main use of the blog was to rant rather then to amuse and inform(a simpler time). This one is my pick because not only was it well written but it engaged all who were on at the time and still to date has the highest number of comments.

2nd Place Vote:
Salem:Zombie Plan v1.0
This was hilarious. v1.1 added to it but this was the core and it is responsible for the addition of new blood to the blog as well as creating many amusing moments here at work for me personally.
I should note this was a bit of a colabarative effort between Salem, Frejak, Kallisar and myself as we had all discussed and put the plan together the night before however Salem posted it with his usual flair of imagery and images.

3rd Place Vote:
Salem: Death by Misadventure
Honestly I don't mean to be on a Salem band wagon here but when you've posted 76% it's not that hard to have 3 really really good ones. Death by Misadventure was amusing as hell, actually makes you think about what kinda cool stuff could have happened was once again written with the usual Salem-esc flair and artful analogies.

I feel the need to make some honorable mentions of posts that have made me laugh, think, or have just been rant-tastic:
Kallisar: Nuclear Distruction
Crumples: My Pubes can Bend Light
Frejak: Machiavellian Thoughts
Telephonic Wonder
Salem: Time to Get Dirty
Say my Name Bitch, Say it!

Ok that's me done, looking forward to what the rest of you think

Salem said...

Aww shucks. Thanks Kahn, that's about the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this blog. You're right though, 3 our of 76 isn't a huge surprise. It really only boils down to 1 out of every 25 of my posts. Not a great average ;)

So after tallying up Kahn's votes, it looks like... Kahn is still in the lead. This is going to be a close one folks!

Crumples said...

Oki doki
I am deciding to vote ....now.

And the nominees are...

FREJAK for Frejak's Rant Of The Week

KAHN for Sweet Zombie Hanuman

SALEM for Say My Name Bitch, Say It!

May I have the envelope please...
And the winner is.....KAHN! for his wonderful mention of monkies in Sweet Zombie Hanuman! Is there anything funnier than monkies killing people? Khans delectible delivery of the the news confirmed what we have always suspected. Death by monkies - funny shit.

The first runner up (thats second[2nd])is Frejak for her rant-tastic, rant-alicious, rant-a-lama-ding-dong Frejaks Rant Of the Week. Turns out brother-of-Frejak is an arse hat!

And coming in a close third is Salem with Say My Name Bitch, Say It! Lispy is a turd, Salem is funny. What more can i say?

It certainly has been a thrilling comment, now i'm off to the after party. Over to you Jerry.