Wednesday 24 October 2007

Sweet Zombie Hanuman

For those of you who know me you know I like Monkeys. Well not monkeys themselves but the word monkeys amuses me. For that same reason Hanuman makes my brain twitch with amusement. Hanuman is the Hindu monkey god.

As such, devout Hindus believe that monkeys are the manifestation of Hanuman and will generally feed monkeys nuts and bananas when given the opportunity.

Now I know what seagulls are like when they get used to people throwing them the odd chip, I would imagine that monkeys are somewhat bolder and craftier, and they're be fed in a religious fevor, not surprising this has caused some issues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7055625.stm

I just can pass up a news article that starts with the statement "The deputy mayor of the Indian capital Delhi has died a day after being attacked by a horde of wild monkeys"

The second paragraph is good too, but I'll leave you to read that.

What I think I love the most though is the cities response to dealing with these wayward monkeys. Train bigger monkeys to beat up the monkeys causing a problem. How neat, how beautiful, and nothing could go wrong with the idea of training big monkeys to beat things up.

2 comments:

Salem said...

Ok, we're already "Zombie ready", perhaps it's time we came up with a monkey plan too...

Monkey plans are going to be a lot tougher as they are far more nimble (yet no less bloodthirsty it would seem) than your average zombie.

We will discuss this tonight over nuts and bananas.

Kahn said...

Indeed, we must be prepared. After all we can block upstairs from Zombies but not so easy to block monkeys.