Friday 8 December 2006

Urolagnia

If you're not sure about the title, I suggest hitting up Wiki for it. It's not pretty, but there you have it. I'm wondering if at some stage I'll be forced into that category as I have a nasty feeling that I've just become a Wii fetishest.

You go out and by a $400 system and you expect to get a bit of enjoyment out of it, but I never expected anything like that I got. I was up until 2am playing with my Wii (Ok, technically, it's our Wii as Kahn did chuck a number of games in for the trade). It's incredibly addictive and if there are any parents that think it will just keep their kids inside on the couch getting fatter... th
ey obviously haven't done any research on the thing.

Kahn and I played about two hours of Wii boxing (along with many more hours of bowling, baseball, tennis and golf) and I kid you not, my two hours of Hwa Rang on a Wednesday is the only thing that has made me sweat that much since I stopped playing basketball back in high school. Talk about a work out! For Kallisar and Frejak, when you come up to give it a go, dress as you would for a gym session, even down to the sports bra because you're going to die if you don't.

Appart from the epic amount of fun that Wii sports provides, I was really impresed with the system. I have to admit that in the raging storm of interest generated by the Wii-mote, I hadn't checked out much
else about the Wii before I got it home last night. Turns out that if I had, I would have been even more psyched about getting one than I already was (and let me assure you that it would have been difficult to be more excited than I was). The less publicised things are quite stunning.

I knew that it was going to be a smaller system than the mighty 360 (which I still love dearly), but that it was litterally only a few millimeters larger than your average PC DVD drive kind of shocked me. With some carefull shaving of a PC case, you could most likely install it right into one of the drive bays. Next was
the wireless networking. It comes bilt into the Wii and if you want to hook it up to a wired network, that's when you need to get an adapter. The inclusion of an SD slot was a pleasent supprise, as was the built in memory. I knew they were going to have a marketplace similar to Xbox Live, but I guess that internal hard drive hadn't really sunk in.

Other little bits and pieces that I enjoyed were the creation of my 'Mii' character and the suprise that the Wii-mote itself has it's own memory storage capacity (although I don't know how much space it has yet). You can transport your Mii from your Wii to a friends Wii via the Wii-mote so that you Miis can hang out with their Miis. How delightfully cute is that?

The sensativity of the Wii-mote is stunning too by the way. Again, I was suprised when I got lazy and propped my Wii-mote hand on my knee to see that the on-screen pointer rotated to the now 90 degree angle at which I had my hand. Statements such as 'Cooler than my Baretta for the xbox' spring to mind and I didn't think that it was possible for anything short of a real baretta to inspire such thoughts!

On the whole, I'm dead tired and my shoulders ache from boxing like a crazy man, but you know what? It was SO worth every second. It's just a crazy amount of fun. I can't wait to get 'Red Steel' in a week or two so I can start cutting down ninjas with my Wii-mote controled katana!





High Game in bowling: 189
High Game in Wii Bolwing: 186
Scarry no?

3 comments:

Kahn said...

Nice timing for the post, I figured you'ld be either just behind me or just after lol :)

Salem said...

Well, there's a 9 minute gap and I think it took me about 10 to write mine up. Not too bad.

I've put Frejak and Kallisar on notice, so when you and Gumby get home after the dinner party, we'll probably be well and truely ready for someone else to take the Wii-mote and do some sweating.

Kahn said...

lol, no worries