Monday 22 January 2007

It Begins Again

Well here I am back at work. The break that I have had has been good. A full month off! I did very little with the time, and that's exactly what I wanted. Of course there was the trip to New Zealand which I have told people about so I wont mention here, safe to say I had a good time.

So my first day starts and I walk in to a resounding greeting punctuated with the information that the air con in the building is down. Thoughs of you who know me know I can't stand the heat. Great.

This has happened once before, on my first day, and the response was that we all got sent home. I must admit I was hopeful. Unfortunantly not so lucky today. All the people who could work from home (aka most advisers) have gone home and the boss. I don't hold it against them as they really will be working (I have the ability from my machine to make sure of that) and I like all the administrators cannot do my work from home.

Of course my action in response to this is that I have set up five machines in the board room as it is large and has separate aircon that still works, It was sweatty work in this heat setting them up but now I'm comfortable with a much better view.

And to make it better the PM just brought us all ice blocks, whichis nice. I'd rather be home but this is still nice.

1 comment:

Salem said...

Well, that saved me posting today. Huzzah for the saviour.