Monday 14 June 2010

Throwing It Out Into The Interwebs

Monday night and I find myself drinking alone. Is that as sad and depressing as it sounds? I have learned one thing, Googeling old friends when your already feeling a bit down is not productive. They will invariably be successful and good looking and that will make you feel like a putz for even wanting to know what they were up to.

Other things that seem like they will help but don't really:
1. Vodka - this seemingly joy-making liquid will only enhance your bad mood.
2. Radiohead - they may speak to your soul when you feel low, but the depressing chord progressions are just that, depressing.
3. Cats - no, not the musical but the fuzzy kind. They may seem furry and deliciously comforting but when you are busy being self deprecating they are only shitfull, fat distractions.

Despite these three insightful points I shall continue to drink and listen to Radiohead and I won't bake the cats in a pie just yet.

2 comments:

Chelsy said...

I second the cat matter. there is nothing happy about them. lol :) have a GOOD day today. no drinking alone allowed, grab a stranger off the street if you have to and have a lovely conversation over a freezing cold beer at a random bar. no fuzzy cats allowed.

Salem said...

Fuck it! You should have just called me and asked me for some kick-ass music advice. I bet if JT really can bring sexy back (although I'm still not 100% convinced that he did), then just think of what someone like Dio could do!

He's not dead by the way, he's just frozen alongside the Duke. I've got plans for Clint Eastwood too...