Saturday 12 July 2008

Its damn cold

Sometimes I wonder at my own intelligence.

I have a week off work and where do i decide to spend it? In Coramba at my folks place where this morning it had an inch of frost and its now 6 damn degrees outside.

Random thoughts of perhaps Frejak you could have spent this at home where you can chill out in less than 3 layers of clothes and then at night instead of having to have so many blankets that you can't actually move in bed you could curl up with warm boyfriend? But no I have to go to somewhere nice and chilly.

However there is a good side. The fires on, my dad and myself picked a bucket of macadamias off the tree and have been sitting in front the smashing the nuts open, eating them and then throwing the shells into the fire. Watching my tiny little newphew have a stare off comp with the fish, its an oscar and the last of three. I think it ate the others. Still no clear winner on that one yet. I'm not quite certain what my mum and sister have been doing, they've been doing something but whatever it doesn't make sense to me.

Mainly I've been sleeping in front of the fire.

Oh yeah and I made my newphew cry. How you ask? On the drive down this morning, he woke up when we got the the gold coast and heard me mumbling along to Static X. He must have recognised my voice cause hes looked over at me with eyes wide and a smile. Stopped, looked at me and burst into tears.

Real nice at 8am. Evidently he doesn't know me with orange hair. Doesn't know me ???? He's 4 months old. He doesn't really know anyone yet.

So theres my excitment for the day and now at least my fingers are kinda warm from typing so thats a good thing. And that as far as I'm concerned is worth it.

No comments: