Saturday 1 September 2007

Scientific Holiday Time Approaches.

Yes, it's getting close to that time of year again. The Spring (or Vernal if you prefer) Equinox is fast approaching. This year, it will be on September 23rd at 19:51 (7:51pm) local Brisbane time.

I'm predicting that it really will be a good year for both Kahn and myself as we've both managed a cosmic event around our birthdays. I'm not saying that the stars guide your destiny, far from it in fact, but when something cool like an Equinox in Kahn's case or a blood moon in my own happen to coincide with your birthday, it's the perfect opportunity to use it as proof of your divinity to a tribe of savages that you can then bend to your will.

I have chosen a lovely moon-worshiping gypsy tribe to roam the countryside enforcing my laws and whims. They seem quite taken with my crystal clear hazel eyes, impeccable night-vision and of course my piercing gaze that can cut deep into their souls. I'm sure that my speed and agility have been quite helpful in promoting the belief that I can also turn into a large black panther to punish the wicked and rend the souls of the forsaken asunder.

Kahn no doubt will be able to use his commanding voice and grand stature to set himself up as a deity of balance and ensure a similarly spectacular reaction from whichever tribe he deems worthy to honor him. Since Equinox is always a day of equal day and night, perhaps he could even spilt the tribe and have those that worship his benevolence in the daylight and those that pursue his evil schemes under the cloak of night. Either way, he has my best wishes in his endeavours. Perhaps we can get together and have a cross-tribal clam-bake or something in honor of our magnificence.

So, until next time dear readers, watch the night sky and enjoy your Equinox.

-Salem
Why be kings when we can be gods?

1 comment:

Kahn said...

Ok bow down, bow down...


Thats enough.