Thursday 6 September 2007

Frejak's rant of the week

well yeah I know I know its been bloody ages since I've posted on here.
but its times like this when on my second last night shift of a crappy job when I've had 5 phone calls since 1:30 bloody pm and its now 8pm.
*grin* but hey I'm only whinging and all the guys know exactly what I'm talking about as all I've done this week is whine about it. so not a huge conversationalist this week unfortunately.

so apart from that, getting ready for my sisters wedding which is coming up really soon - one month exactly today actually - and have discovered that there is actually only one thing that I am petrified of happening. and unfortunately that happens to be my brother.

Not everyone would really much about him apart from the fact that he’s generally an arsehat. Which is true mind you, completely true but he also happens to have a weird mental thing that happens whenever he’s around his wife – evil whore beast. Over the past year or so this mental leap that he makes from one personality to another has been reducing until pretty much constantly now he’s an arsehat.

I found out while visiting my folks the other weekend that he would be going there for the wedding early. The concern lies in the fact that I’m petrified that he is going to do something or say something that is going to majorly piss someone off. The worst thing is I know that he will, cause he seems to get an extreme delight in trying to cause trouble for everyone else around and turning it so it makes him look like the victim.

This does not bode well for the week upcoming the wedding, where the original plan was fun and enjoyment with abundance of water fights and grass sliding, I’m finding myself now in a situation where I’m going to be having to mentally fence with my brother the entire time to keep my sister sane, my friends from wanting to deck him and myself from wanting to beat his brains in.

My mum keeps trying to tell me to try and understand it from his perspective, that
1. He has a stressful job – well big fucking deal, boo hoo have a cry
2. That he’s about to be a dad – and my sister is carrying a watermelon under her shirt, she’s not really pregnant
3. That he hasn’t had time to adjust to my sister or myself yet – he hasn’t said happy birthday or given my sister a birthday present for over 10 years and he still has in his head that I’m 12 years old and treats me as such
4. That he feels left out and not included by us – build a fucking bridge!!!! Get off the computer, get off your arse and actually want to spend time with us instead of if we want to see him we have to work around his schedule and go to frellin Chermside all the time. Heaven forbid he actually come to visit us, that would just be to much wouldn’t it.

So heres my problem, after all that yes I’m finally getting to it. He’s going to say or do something thats going to be bloody snide about someone/to someone and then they are going to turn around and tell them to fuck off. Which in all truth is well deserved and rightly so. Then he’s going to turn around and start having a fucking cry to mum and dad and just have the biggest whinge in the entire world.

I’m not saying that if something happens then whoever is on the receiving end should pull him up on it and say “hey mate that was a bit fuckin uncalled for”. Cause hey even if nothing happens he will still end up calling my folks after the wedding to have a cry. You wonder sometimes if he really is 32 don’t you.

I think my major concern comes from knowing that my best mates are all going to be down there starting from the beginning and more arriving later in the week. And you know the feeling where you’re inviting people to go somewhere and you’re so worried that they’ll hate it even though you know its stupid at the same time. I just don’t want my brother to make any of them feel even for the slightest second uncomfortable in any way. But then thats just the annoying part of my personality coming out that wants to make sure people are happy and having fun. I know already anyone reading this will probably be thinking “Damn Frejak you need a forehead slap” but hey, I’m quite happy to admit that my family for me is my main and fullest insecurity. They are now and I feel they always will be, plus everyone has at least one whether they like to admit it or not.

So heres my plan, let him be a fuckstick, spend a fantastic week with my best mates, have shenanigans, get drunk, slide down some grass hills on cardboard, help my sister get married with the least amount of fuss as possible and have fun. Theres the plan and lets hope I can stick to it.

..................or maybe get a larger drum for burning that will go with the nice big hole that we dug earlier just in case I actually decide to assist in finalising my brothers demise.

1 comment:

Salem said...

If it makes you feel any better, I promise that I'll play as nice as possible with the asshat... unless he says something to upset JZ. If he does that, that's a paddling. It's not that she can't look after herself (far from it in fact, my girl is tough as nails), but you know me. I have that built in 'protect those you care about' thing and JZ is still new to our little group. You know how it is.

Either way, if there's a betting pool, but me down for $10 that he bitches about being a casualty in the great warter war of 2007 ;)