Friday 21 September 2007

For the love of sugary treats.

Who gives a carp (yes, CARP) about orphans? Or the thousands of people dying from diarrhea related complications? Or even tiny little skeleton kids? Not me. I care about me, and maybe some of you. So as an extension of this, the only things that get my attention are horrible tragedies that directly affect me, and maybe some of you. So it is with deep regret that I must draw your attention to possibly one of the greatest tragedies of the 21st century – Kellogg’s Pop Tarts are no longer readily available in the Australian market.

I’ve known this for a while but only recently did the true horror of the situation become clear to me. We can acquire Pop Tarts, oh yes we can, but they are imports, only for sale in a select few Australian stores and only for abominable prices. Since when did this dietary staple become an elitist food? How are sugar addicted people supposed to afford these insane prices (more than $16 for a box!) without having to take drastic measures?

“What can I do?” You may ask yourself. “I’m just one person…” but together we are many and we can accomplish things! There may not be enough Apple Cinnamon Pop Tarts in the world to save those little skeleton kids, but we can still save us!
And so I say Pop Tarts for all, not just the rich - sign this petition and fight the good fight!

http://www.gopetition.com.au/petitions/pop-tarts-australia.html

Also, I am new here…so hi!

2 comments:

Salem said...

Woo! Crumples came to the party and she brought pop-tarts! Ok, so she didn't bring pop-tars, but it's a pop-tart related petition and that's pretty good.

I have signed it and that made 556 signatures. Come on, get involved!

Kahn said...

Welcome Crumples always nice to see a newby acknowledge that we care about very little other then us.